Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Bath Startup Weekend - Why was I worried?

Not going to say anything, other than use the kind words of those shown below.

THANK YOU.

“The Council were pleased to sponsor this innovative Weekend Event, encouraging business Start –Ups, and a First in Bath. There was a real buzz at the weekend, with groups getting ideas and teams together, some of them working through the night, and the excellent mentors throwing themselves into the process as well.

"The judging was a tough call, in the face of the talent and energy of ideas produced, but we managed to narrow it down to a few outstanding teams, and the Winner, “Energy Slash” a local team, whom I have no doubts will go on to do very well with their winning idea . I commend Charles Grimsdale of Eden Ventures in Bath, for his active input and sponsoring the winning team awards and I encourage the wider business community to support and help bring this initiative back again next year.”

- Cllr Cherry Beath, Bath & North East Somerset Council (Speaker, Judge)


"Great ideas which have come such a long way in just a weekend"

- Karen Brooks, SETsquared Partnership (Judge)


"a great event"

- Charles Grimsdale, Eden Ventures (Speaker, Judge)


"I had the pleasure to participate last evening. Excellent event, great ideas, fantastic vibe!"

- Sean Smith, Matox Technologies (Judge)


"we really enjoyed the day"

- Paulina Sygulska and Daniel Tenner, Granttree (Mentors)


"Fantastic weekend, really enjoyed it and just getting back to normality here, thanks for the event"

Gavin Bryan (Participant)


"Had a wonderful time this weekend, and still buzzing from the excitement while catching up with rest. Thanks again for inviting me down and all your support. Look forward to the next steps of the adventure too!"

- Monica Chong (Participant)


"Awesome! I love Bath Startup Weekend"

- James Cole (Participant)


"A terrific startup weekend. We were just grateful to be part of such a successful event."

- Shaun Gibson and Doug Ward (Participants)


"I greatly enjoyed the Startup Weekend in Bath"

- Paul Guerrier (Participant)


"I had a really great time and learned a lot in an incredibly short amount of time. An amazing event. By Sunday evening, everyone I was speaking to was as enthusiastic as they had been on Friday, if just a little more tired"

- Greg Lewis (Participant)


"Great time at startup weekend"

- Ben Lumley (Participant)


"...such a fantastic weekend...

"I'm particularly grateful to you for two specific parts of the weekend. Firstly, in supporting Andrew & I in our decision to work on our own project rather than one of those voted for...

"Secondly, I really appreciate the time and effort you clearly put in to choosing the mentors and persuading them to give their time to the project. The four people that we spoke to were instrumental in our ability to define and refine our sponsorship strategy, which is exactly what we needed to do as we look to approach the council and look for phone operator sponsors.

"I look forward to keeping in touch, and if you're crazy enough to run one again in the autumn I will certainly attend and will do all I can in my role with the University Enterprise department to promote it out to our students."

- Luke Tregidgo (Participant)

No comments:

Post a Comment